A place to put things

AHHH! ARRR!.. ARRRRT!.. MY BRAIN.. ART.. HURTS!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

Ahem..

I am a multi disciplined artist working primarily in a 2d visual format. Here are some things I've done; a little peek at the swirling, ceaseless, ideas maelstrom. If you will.


You are cordially invited to take a look.


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A happy boy, a painting monsters


What a fun job! I still vividly remember working hurriedly to finish whatever task the teacher would set way back in primary school when I was around the tender age of five. I worked with such feverish determination. Finishing meant I was allowed to get on with the far more important task of drawing down on paper, the jumbled fantasies in my head. At this time they went under the name of warrior land and crawled and slithered across the page as blurry multi armed, many fanged, sometimes tentacled, monstrosities of chalk on brightly coloured paper.




Er, well that was then and this is now, and somehow Ive ended up doing a job that requires me to draw colourful renditions of fantasy monsters and the like. Five year old me would be very pleased, present day me definitely is.



The pictures on this page are glow in the dark paintings on the walls of a recently opened Laser Quest in the centre of Bristol (Ive still to take some better quality photos that truly show the work, glowing, but for now these give a good impression of what its like).

It was a lucky gob to get; the laser quest was moving into a larger basement area in the old fire station in town, which is thankfully where my studio is and as I have said painting monsters is a long time passion. However it was a really large space and a little daunting, though thankfully my experience painting in autonomous spaces gave me the confidence to work on a large scale.


It seems the hard work I've put into exhibitions and projects in Bristol seems to finally be paying off. So long as I find the time and space to paint another day I'll be a happy boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment